Few people can learn fast, and most of us are slow learners. Here is a list of activities in no particular order to enhance study and work performance.
- Always choose a place free from distractions for study and work.
- Keep a water bottle with you to stay hydrated. To avoid dehydration, you need to swill 3 to 4 liters of water per day.
- Play instrumental music in the background for better performance.
- Strategically use aromas to enhance performance. A recent study shows that rose scents boost memory performance in students.
- Try your best to remember to follow the 20-20-20 rule. Set a timer to remind you to look away every 20 minutes at an object about 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
- The best temperature to study and work is 70-78 degrees Fahrenheit or 20-25 Celsius.
- Take mini breaks of 5 minutes after every 25 minutes for four consecutive sessions, and then take a significant gap of 15 to 30 minutes. The ideal work-to-break ratio is 52 minutes of work, followed by 17 minutes of rest. Choose as per your convenience.
- Keep a journal where you take personal notes of your observation and understanding of the study and work during the day.
- Sleep well, and don’t forget to feel grateful for what you’ve before and after waking up in the morning.