Walking boosts physical health, improving cardiovascular function and aiding weight management. It enhances mental well-being, reducing stress and elevating mood. Walking encourages creativity, fosters social connections, and benefits the environment by reducing vehicular emissions. An accessible exercise, it also promotes longevity and overall wellness.
1. Helps to maintain weight.
2. One of the easiest ways to get more active.
3. Reduces symptoms of depression & anxiety.
4. Lowers low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (the “bad” cholesterol).
5. Raises high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (the “good” cholesterol).
6. Lowers blood pressure.
7. Lowers the risk of some cancers.
8. Helps reduce risk and aids with the management of type 2 diabetes.
9. Improves mood.
10. Helps maintain strong bones.
11. Reduces the risk of heart attack.
12. Builds aerobic fitness.
13. You don’t have to pay for it.