1. Eat a balanced diet: Include an abundance of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Ensure that you’re getting Omega 3 fatty acids as well as key vitamins like C & E. Eat foods that contain lutein and zeaxanthin.
2. Get regular exercise: It will help you to prevent the conditions which can lead to chronic eye problems that can damage your vision.
3. Limit your exposure to digital screens: Blue light waves emitted by smartphones and laptops can damage your eyes over time.
Keeping your computer screen 20 to 24 inches away from your eyes and adjusting the lighting to minimize glare will help to keep your eyes healthy.
4. Observe the 20-20-20 rule: Rest your eyes by taking a break every 20 minutes and focus on an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
5. Wear safety glasses while working on digital devices: 90 per cent of eye injuries could be prevented by wearing protective eyewear.
Don’t take it lightly.
6. Hydrate yourself: Lack of hydration can lead to a wide variety of eye problems. Drink an abundance of water.
7. Get plenty of sleep: Make sure that you get enough sleep every night to keep your eyes healthy.